Friday, December 19, 2008

The Prostate Cancer Adventure


I have made no secret of the fact of a diagnosis of prostate cancer a few years ago nor my subsequent dependence on three-monthly implants of Zoladex to slow the cancer's growth. During these years there have been a few things that have greatly helped me along the way. To share them may be of some benefit to others.
  • I wrote a little book of limericks during my recuperation from two successive surgeries...

  • I discovered Christine Newman's lines about not "battling" cancer but "embracing" it; she said:

... To embrace my cancer
is to know that my days are numbered,
That I had better get on with things in life that matter...

  • I went on an exploration of Bob Neuhauser's “The Cosmic Deity”

They're all written up a little more fully here.

1 comment:

  1. Very good post! We are linking to this great post on our
    site. Keep up the great writing.

    ReplyDelete