Tuesday, January 6, 2009

What came out of my prostate surgery


We had a great visit with a couple of minister friends today, one with an enlarged prostate and the other, like me, with none at all, having had a radical prostatectomy.

We had a bit of what Muriel called an “organ recital” as we shared our experiences and then Alan remembered my little book of limericks. He’d loaned his copy to someone and not seen it again. So I gave them one each and we had a few laughs.

By definition, the genre is supposed to be a bit on the smutty side so it lent itself to writing about my experience. Limericks are also sometimes a bit subtle in the use of language, and this one pleased me in the context of making the decision to have surgery:

There’s no doubt about it, it’s Ca.
And surgery’s no easy Aa.
The growth’s not impressive
But fairly aggressive,
I guess that I just have to Cha.

I also got a bit of a buzz out of dreaming up the logo. Interesting what the mind does when you’re facing the ultimate realities…


Ask me for The Limerectomy A6 100p - colcom.press@clear.net.nz

No comments:

Post a Comment