Friday, February 20, 2009

The rain it falleth....


We’re glad to see a bit of steady rain. The garden has been getting parched and when we’re away for a day or two our modest supply of garden veges miss our efforts at watering.
This week's trip was to collect my niece and partner from Auckland airport, over from Aussie for Dad’s 100th next week. Andy is having her first holiday for a couple of years and has been looking forward to the sunny beaches of Northland. Today they’re going off camping in what looks like being the worst day of the year.

Ain’t that life? There’s a cussedness about nature that should tell me something about my own soul. Generally I manage to live fairly respectably but every now and then a combination of circumstances and my own weaknesses lead me to do something thoughtless, stupid, unkind with unhappy results for all involved, including myself.

I suppose I can console myself a little with the old rhyme:
The rain it falleth every day
Upon the just and unjust fella;
But more upon the just, because
The unjust hath the just's umbrella.

No comments:

Post a Comment