Wednesday, January 20, 2010


As I take off the “Enabler” cap I have been wearing at team meetings for the last twelve months I have been reflecting on some things that help the monthly team meeting to be effective. Over the years we have developed a few simple rules of thumb and some have served very well. Having a year to work with them myself has been a satisfying but also salutary experience.

What I’ve realised is that an LSM Team Meeting is not quite like anything else which we are used to in the church. It has to meet some very specific requirements and so it demands equally specific actions. The Enabler is mostly responsible, of course, but every person who is in a team also needs to be aware of the issues.

I’ve attempted to put some of these together in a short paper entitled
Tips for Team Meetings which may be of interest to people who are making new journeys in Local Shared Ministry. And I’d welcome suggestions and comments from others.

Enablers and would-be enablers might be interested to check out my
Enabler Matrix as well. I have had plans to reduce its size but that’s not easy; there are too many really important elements.

If you’re not a blogger, feel free to email me: colcom.press@clear.net.nz

No comments:

Post a Comment