Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Winter Holiday

Top of Mt St John, Tekapo
     We enjoyed a wonderful road trip last month, covering quite a lot of the country.
     We discovered many things we hadn’t seen before, enjoyed hospitality in several homes, manoevred our cosy caravan onto a many an unfamiliar patch of grass and generally enjoyed ourselves with more sleep than usual. And, yes, a little more food, too… A relaxing, refreshing time as the day to day stuff gradually disappeared out of our consciousness. Even my blog!
     Back in Paihia, it was my turn to lead the rather special service with a visiting choir, who’d come to say Thank you for using the church as their practice venue. A couple of minutes before the appointed time, I distinguished myself by tripping on the church step and starting the service with a couple of plasters ineffectually preventing my Cartia-thinned blood from running down my face. But we had a stimulating time as I made links between their three popular songs and our Christian heritage.
     A day or so later I was at the doctor’s with a badly bruised left hand on which the little finger still insists on finding the cAPS LOCK instead of “a” most of the time. Touch typing has been a rough ride ever since so, like other things in life, I am having to pause and think every time I come to an “a”.
     The vacation pace is doing me good!

No comments:

Post a Comment